District nurses, in uniform and with their bicycles, outside the South Durham St headquarters in Christchurch. Left to right they are: E Browne, Sister Constance, M Palmer, M Rogers, Sibylla Emily Maude, D Savory, L Laing and Tolerton. Taken by the Steffano Webb Studio on the 29th of August, 1914.
Recently arrived Maori reinforcements taking part in the parade, when the General Officer Commanding (2NZEF) inspected reinforcements at Puttick Camp, Cairo, Egypt. Photographed by George Kaye on the 27th of August, 1943.
Aerial view of Petone roading system with (L to R) the Western Hutt Road and railway, the Hutt Road and The Esplanade with Petone foreshore, Lower Hutt Valley, photographed by Whites Aviation, 27 August 1958.